First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
- Used to restrict the kernel functions that the module can use if it isn't a GPL-licensed module
- Difference between EXPORT_SYMBOL() and EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL()
- Used by kernel developers to identify issues coming from proprietary drivers, which they can't do anything about
(“Tainted” kernel notice in kernel crashes and oopses).
- Useful for users to check that their system is 100% free
- GPL, GPL v2, GPL and additional rights, Dual MIT/GPL, Dual BSD/GPL, Dual MPL/GPL, Proprietary